Date / Time
Date(s) - 02/02/2021 - 03/02/2021
Risk management is a vital skill for individuals in management positions. Learning what risks are, how to identify them, and how to account for them and mitigate them when making decisions can make the difference between an organisation’s success and failure. Those who are leaders in their respective industry make decisions daily that will affect an organisation’s ability to handle unexpected events.
This course is an introduction to risk management, and all that term encompasses. After completing this course, you will learn how to:
- What are risks and what is risk management?
- Practical steps to identify
- Practical steps to analyse risks and their impact on key decisions, process and What tools are there to learn about risks and analyse them holistically?
- Select and implement treatments, make better risk-based How do you choose the best ways to mitigate risks? How do you implement them and make them stick?
Please note that this course supersedes and is equivalent to BSBRSK501B – Manage risk.
Who Should Take This Course?
Since this course deals with risk management across an organisation, it is best suited for individuals who hold managerial positions and can make important decisions within an organisation. Therefore, people who hold the following responsibilities should consider taking this course.
- CEOs and CROs
- Anyone for whom assessing risk is part of their day-to-day duties
This course will also benefit those who are aspiring for these positions.
Upon successful completion of this unit of competency, you will gain considerable knowledge in the area of risk management. In particular, you will be able to:
- Establish risks within an You’ll be able to determine the scope, identify stakeholders, review existing policies, and gather the necessary information to make an informed decision.
- Identify risks within an In particular, you’ll be able to discuss those uncertainties with relevant parties, research risks, and use tools to generate risks relevant to decisions,processes and objectives.
- Analyse You’ll be able to answer critical questions like “what’s the likelihood of that happening?” and “what would be the impact if it were to occur?” You’ll also be able to evaluate risks and prioritise accordingly.
- Select proper treatments and implement You’ll be able to select the best options for treating risks and develop plans to achieve them. You’ll also be able to communicate those plans with key stakeholders and monitor progress.
This course is delivered face to face. It’s very appropriate for workers within most industries! There will be an assessment at the end of the course as evidence that you learned the course materials to a satisfactory extent.
Anyone can enrol in this course as there are no prerequisites. However, you will need to provide some essential information so we can get you set up for this class.
- Complete your Enrolment Application
- USI: Unique Student Identifier
- Photo Identification
You’ll also need to meet the literacy and math requirements requirements by completing the Pre-Course Reading Questionnaire. You can create a USI number using this link https://www.usi.gov.au/students/create-your-usi.
After successfully finishing this course, you will receive a Nationally Accredited Statement of Attainment for the unit of competency “BSBRSK501 – Manage risk.”
Bookings are closed for this event. Please call 1300 266 172