Date / Time
Date(s) - 04/08/2020
Following the chain of responsibility when operating heavy vehicles in the workplace is vital for both legal and safety reasons. This chain of responsibility is one of the core components of the Heavy Vehicle National Law (HVNL). This official Australian Government unit of competency provides you with the skills necessary to follow the appropriate chain of responsibility legislation, regulations, and workplace procedures for heavy vehicles. This course’s focus that chain of responsibility as it applies to an individual’s job.
This course is delivered face to face, it’s hands-on training delivered to private clients onsite or students can attend our public training courses. Workers who complete this course will learn:
- Chain of What is it, what is its impact, and how is your position a part of this chain?
- You’ll learn what regulations are in place for safety and legal reasons.
- Identify and report breaches in Heavy Vehicle National Law (HVNL) or applicable state or territory
Note that “TLIF0001 – Apply chain of responsibility legislation, regulations and workplace procedures” supersedes TLIF2092A. It is not equivalent to the old course but, rather, is intended as a replacement. If you were looking for TLIF2092A, you should take this one instead!
Who Should Take This Course?
Although this course deals with HVNL, it’s intended audience is not solely drivers. Everyone plays a part in the chain of responsibility. Therefore, the following roles should consider taking this course.
- Business Owners or Executives
- Operators or Schedulers
- Consignors or Consignees
- Loading Manager
- Sales Team or Office Staff
- Importers or Exporters
After completing this full unit of competency, you will, broadly, be able to understand your legal and safety obligations under the HVNL. In particular, all students who complete this course will be able to:
- Explain what the chain of responsibility is and what the features are of it in the You will also be able to understand how the chain of responsibility affects other state or territory laws and regulations.
- Apply your knowledge in practical ways, so you comply with all requirements in the Heavy Vehicle National Law and other state or territory
- Identify and report breaches in the chain of
- Understand load restraint and how to use the Load Restraint Guide!
- Understand your full obligations under the You’ll see how fatigue and speed are so impactful on safety. You’ll also understand your responsibilities for mass, dimensions, and load restraint.
This course is delivered face to face. It’s very appropriate for workers within the transport and logistic industries! There will be an assessment at the end of the course as evidence that you learned the course materials to a satisfactory extent.
There are no prerequisites to take this course. You will need to provide some necessary information so we can get you set up with this course!
- Complete your Enrolment Application
- USI: Unique Student Identifier
- Photo Identification
You’ll also need to meet the literacy and math requirements by completing the Pre-Course Reading Questionnaire. You can create a USI number using this link https://www.usi.gov.au/students/create-your-usi
Upon successfully completing this course, you’ll receive a Nationally Accredited Statement of Attainment for the unit of competency: “TLIF0001 – Apply chain of responsibility legislation, regulations and workplace procedures.”
Bookings are closed for this event. Please call 1300 266 172