Date / Time
Date(s) - 26/10/2020 - 27/10/2020
Supervisors in the transport industry have a duty under the Heavy Vehicle National Law and Regulations (HVNL) to ensure that workplace policies take reasonable precautions against a breach. For supervisors who are responsible for creating these policies, this typically involves three steps: knowing the HVNL, developing and implementing procedures, and monitoring them for success and revision.
“TLIF0003 – Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure chain of responsibility compliance” helps managers achieve those objectives. By the end of this course, you will gain the necessary knowledge to:
- Explain the chain of responsibility features within the You will also know the characteristics of applicable state or territory law.
- Develop and implement workplace procedures to ensure that you and your organization follow the responsibilities outlined in the
- Review those workplace policies and monitor them for any changes Workplace procedures often need revising to ensure continued compliance.
Note that this course supersedes “TLIF4094A – Ensure compliance with chain of responsibility” but is not equivalent to it.
Anyone with a supervisory role in a company that deals with heavy vehicles should consider taking this course. Those who are in a position where they can effect change in the policies and procedures of their workplace would be well-advised to take this course. If you fall into one of the following categories, you should consider taking TLIF0003. Other employees in the transport sector would also benefit from this knowledge.
- Business Owners or Executives
- High-Ranking Supervisors
Once you finish the coursework and evaluation for TLIF0003, you will be able to develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure you, your employees, and your company comply with the chain of responsibility. You will know how to do the following:
- Explain what the HVNL is and what are the features of the law relating to the chain of responsibilities.
- Develop policies and procedures that will ensure compliance with the
- Monitor and revise those procedures to ensure continued
Each of these course features will target people in a high-level supervisory role (managers and directors).
This course is delivered face to face. It’s hands-on training delivered to private clients onsite or students can attend our public training courses. There will be an assessment at the end of the course as evidence that you learned the course materials to a satisfactory extent.
There are no prerequisites to take this course. There are a couple of pieces of documentation that we will need to get started.
- Complete your Enrolment Application
- USI: Unique Student Identifier
- Photo Identification
You’ll also need to meet the literacy and math requirements by completing the Pre-Course Reading Questionnaire. You can create a USI number using this link https://www.usi.gov.au/students/create-your-usi
Upon successfully completing this course, you’ll receive a Nationally Accredited Statement of Attainment for the unit of competency: “TLIF0003 – Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure chain of responsibility compliance.”
Bookings are closed for this event. Please call 1300 266 172