Australian Risk Services provide fatigue management training for all Australian workplaces. These courses outline how to identify and manage fatigue, as well as educate you and your staff about your obligations under Australian legislation.
For more information, the objectives of the course are outlined below
Fatigue can be defined as a loss of alertness which eventually ends in sleep. This loss of alertness is accompanied by poor judgement, slower reactions to events, and decreased skills, such as in vehicle control. It affects the efficiency, effectiveness, and safety of an employee’s performance in carrying out the day to day tasks.
Fatigue can result from long or arduous work, little or poor sleep, and the time of day when the work is performed and sleep obtained. It can be influenced by health and emotional issues, or by several of these factors in combination.
If your staff or contractors are working long hours, for example in transport or manufacturing shift work, they have a higher risk of fatigue affecting their work and safety and you will need to access and address any fatigue problems.
Managing fatigue means identifying which of these causes are most relevant in your workplace and setting up a plan to reduce their impact. Our training gives your staff the skills and tools to so do, reducing the chance of workplace injury and damage to company property.
- About fatigue & how it affects workers
- Fatigue explained
- How the body clock works
- The need for sleep
- How to identify fatigue
- Why recognising fatigue is important?
- Legislation & responsibilities
- Managing fatigue in a workplace
- Shift work
- Driver Fatigue Management Plans
- Monitoring & review process
Other training courses offered by Australian Risk Services
- ICAM Lead Investigator Accredited 2 Day & 1 Day Basic
- Basic Hazard Identification
- Confined Spaces
- Contractor Management
- Dangerous Goods
- Environmental & ISO 14001
- Executive Briefing
- Fire Warden
- Fatigue Management
- Hazardous Substance Regulations
- Isolation For the Oil & Gas Industry
- Lock Out & isolation
- Manual Handling
- Plant Hazard Identification
- Risk Management
- Safety Committee
- AS4801 Auditing Training
- Supervisor Safety
- Working at Heights
- Workplace Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment & Control
- Working From Home