Quality Management Services
What kind of injuries can result from manual handling?
Unsafe physical tasks may cause a variety of injuries and conditions including:
- Muscle sprains and strains
- Injuries to muscles, ligaments, intervertebral disks
- and other structures in the back
- Injuries to soft tissues such as nerves, ligaments
- and tendons in the wrists, arms, shoulders, neck or legs
- Abdominal hernias
- Chronic pain
Australian Risk Services has conducted extensive Manual Handling Risk Assessments for; Fast Moving Consumer Goods Manufacturing, Loading & Unloading of Containers, Warehouse Activities, Plastics Manufacturing, Crate Washing, Cheese Manufacturing, Yoghurt Manufacturing, Clothes and Curtain Manufacturing, Manual Handling of Nursing Activities and Patient Handling, Waste Collection and Hard Rubbish Collection, Mailing Centre Sorting, Mechanical Workshop Activities, Document Destruction and retrieval, Laboratory Manual Handling Tasks & Ergonomic Assessment, Office Based Ergonomic Assessment, Retail Furniture Handling, Book Stores,
Manual handling covers a wide range of activities including lifting, pushing, pulling, holding, throwing and carrying. It includes repetitive tasks such as packing, typing, assembling…
- An employer, because it will help you work out which manual handling tasks in your workplace could cause MSD, and show you how to control the risk.
- A designer, manufacturer, importer or supplier of plant for use in workplaces because it will help you ensure that users of your product are not exposed to the risk of MSD.