Safety Management System Design for Australian Businesses
Australia Risk Services have close to 20 years experience in designing safety management systems.
We offer safety systems that identify and seek to remedy safety, environment, and health risks in the workplace. Whether your company is a large industrial plant or a small craft workshop, we can help you reduce and remove plant, manual handling, hazardous materials and other risks. Our wide range of experience in risk assessment means we have a working knowledge of many different industrial and agricultural processes throughout Australia.
When we design a system for your Australian business, you can be assured it is unique to you and your company. There are no ‘one-size-fits-all’ solutions for occupational health and safety, so we scrutinise your workplace carefully. What’s more important any OHSMS developed by Australian Risk Services is completely aligned with the Australian WHS legislation.
We also provide more specialised advice in hazardous materials and confined spaces, as well as surveys of behaviour culture and how this may affect safety and financial returns. We aim to help you manage those aspects that are preventing you from earning money, as well as those that could cost you money.
For more information, please have a look at the services we provide here on our website, or submit an enquiry through our online form or just give us a call.
This model leads to continual improvement based upon:
- Planning, including identifying environmental aspects and establishing goals [plan];
- Implementing, including training and operational controls [do];
- Checking, including monitoring and corrective action [check]; and
- Reviewing, including progress reviews and acting to make needed changes to the EMS [act].
We not only tailor these systems to suit your business but assist in the implementation of the program throughout your organisation.
Some of the typical areas covered include:
- System commitment
- SHE planning & development
- Consultation & communication
- Risk management:
- Risk assessment (plant, manual handling, hazardous substance, etc)
- Sub-contractor control
- Incident reporting & investigation
- Emergency preparedness
- Skills & competencies
- Environmental management:
- Aspects & impacts
- Waste stream administration
- Energy control
- Continuous improvement & performance monitoring (safety surveys, statistical monitoring), system auditing
- Injury management (claims & rehabilitation)