Safety and Risk Management Training
Safety and risk management is a vital part of any Australian business. However, doing it right and in line with the new Australian WHS legislation is a complex task where many variables need to be considered. Every business is different and has a unique set of risks that may affect the safety of the employees. That’s why experience is essential.
Risk is inherent in everything we do, whether it be riding a bicycle, managing a project, dealing with clients, determining work priorities, purchasing new systems and equipment, making decisions about the future or deciding not to take any action at all.
We manage risks continuously, sometimes consciously and sometimes without realising it. The need to manage risk systematically applies to all organisations and individuals and to all functions and activities within an organisation. This need should be recognised as of fundamental importance by all managers and staff.
The objective is to provide guidance to enable public, private or community enterprises, groups and individuals to achieve:
- A more confident & rigorous basis for decision-making & planning
- Better identification of opportunities & threats
- Gaining value from uncertainty & variability
- Proactive rather than reactive management
- More effective allocation & use of resources
- Improved incident management & reduction in loss & the cost of risk, including commercial insurance premiums
- Improved stakeholder confidence & trust
- Improved compliance with relevant legislation
- Better corporate governance